Makeup is meant to enhance our features and even out our skin tone, however, makeup can cause some irritating skin reactions. Most of these reactions aren't severe or long-lasting, but it's worth knowing and understanding how your makeup is affecting your skin.
1. Some people experience allergic reactions to common cosmetic product ingredients - like fragrances or preservatives in makeup. Many types of makeup will have “Synthetic fragrances that are extremely irritating to the skin and can worsen sensitive skin conditions like rosacea.” Stick to 100% mineral makeup, which is derived from ground-up and micronized minerals like zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, and iron oxides.We highly recommend our patient to use our Osmosis Makeup Line for these reasons:
* It is formulated for all skin types.
* The Osmosis Colour Pressed Base provides a flawless and seamless, semi-matte finish with long-lasting coverage.
* Natural broad-spectrum UV protection shields skin from UVA and UVB rays, helping to prevent premature aging and hyperpigmentation. * It applies quickly and easily with no mess and is packaged in a stylish mirrored compact. * It is Gluten-Free!
Look for makeup products that are fragrance, and oil free -- these ingredients are typically the most irritating to the skin, also look for products that are labeled hypoallergenic (they're less likely to cause allergic reactions), noncomedogenic (they won't block pores) and nonacnegenic (they won't cause acne). Osmosis Make Up combines all of these elements and is a great product for you to try if you're in the market. Check it out at our Medspa today!!3. Pay attention to your makeup brushes, if you’re not thoroughly cleaning your brushes and sponges regularly (ahem, that’s weekly if you have the time, but at the very least monthly) you’re just pushing oil, bacteria, and oxidized makeup residue back into your pores. Keep them clean! 4. Make sure your cleansing routine involves actual cleanser. “Makeup remover wipes in lieu of actually washing the skin with facial cleanser and water is surprisingly bad...” Most wipes contain ingredients that need to be rinsed off the skin, and when they are not, they can alter your skin’s pH and compromise its barrier function, they also only remove makeup superficially, so you’re basically just rubbing around the water-insoluble ingredients of your makeup and leaving them on your face! Yikes!!! Our Osmosis Purify and Deep Cleanser do a fantastic job removing makeup and skin impurities. Stop by and get one, your skin will thank you!
5. Pay attention to your skincare routine and health, they are the true basis of good looks. Foundation that looks better than healthy clear skin just does not exist. Remember that we carry medical grade products designed to treat, correct and maintain a healthy looking skin. Medical-grade skin care products are held to a higher standard than OTC products. The manufacturers of medical skin care products must be able to scientifically back-up the claims that they make. Each product is put through extensive clinical trials, these efforts ensure that you are buying products designed to get real results, and actually tackle the causes of aging skin.
Over-the-counter (OTC) skin care products are not formulated to penetrate beneath the surface layer of skin, meaning their effect is temporary, additionally, over the counter products do not treat the underlying skin condition that results in the obvious signs of aging. OTC products are by definition, formulated to be used by anyone and everyone; as such, they contain very small amounts of the active ingredients that actually treat, repair, and correct skin problems. If you are not sure about what makeup to use or what color will match your skin, you can schedule an appointment with us for a complimentary color match and complimentary skin care consultation! Maggie, Angela, and Amy can share with you their experience with the make up themselves, they love Osmosis Makeup Powders and CC creams!
It is time to make some changes for a healthier looking skin!!